With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
This position is responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy and business relationships for the Fresh Foods business (Earthbound Farm) at Costco.
• Deliver the annual revenue objectives for the Costco Business
• Cultivate and manage profitable relationship with Costco Leadership. Develop top-to-top relationships. Develop a strong understanding of customer’s organizational structure and use this knowledge to maneuver effectively within that organization.
• Budget Management:
• Track monthly and quarterly sales volumes vs. budget
• Accurately forecast case and revenue growth
• Assist in the development of annual sales plan/budget by customer/by SKU. This includes: Quantity by SKU, fob price objectives, ad or promotional target periods with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing strategies.
• Prepare and deliver customer business reviews and category performance presentations.
• Understand, manage and communicate daily fluctuations in fresh produce quality and availability. Work with sales desk team to communicate effectively and efficiently.
• Help develop, sell, setup and deliver new items
• Work with Costco supply chain lead to predict issues, solve logistics problems, and continuously improve our supply chain.
• Stay informed and up-to-date on industry trends and advances.
• Represent Earthbound Farm at annual tradeshows and conferences.
• Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm Food Safety Policy.
o Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
o Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
o Cooperate with managers and other leaders to ensure all Company legal and ethical requirements are met.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• 5- 7 years of experience working in fresh cut produce sales and managing top tier customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to travel 10–15% of the time
• In-depth knowledge and understating of fresh cut produce and the industry. Knowledge of customer service, sales principles and concepts, and key-customer sales methods and practices
• A proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key-customers.
• Ability to create reports and metrics to track results and prepare and deliver executive presentations. Must demonstrate an eye for detail on managing the flow of numbers necessary for managing a top customer.
• Assertive manager that can work in a matrix organization. Must be able to get projects completed on time and in specification by partnering across functions.
• Understanding of the commercialization process of new items is preferred.
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to give equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, genetic testing information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military service, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, disability or any other consideration made unlawful by state, federal or local law. All employment practices and personnel actions, including hiring, termination, job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training are made without regard to any status protected under applicable law. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization, whether that is a new hire, a transfer to another position, or a promotion.
This policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of WhiteWave Foods, including, but not limited to, employees, vendors, customers and their employees, contract and temporary workers and anyone else on the Company’s property.